DOORSTEP REALTY PARTNERS APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Thank you for your interest in applying for one of our properties. Doorstep Realty Partners is committed to offering quality service to keep our residents happy. Before applying for one of our properties, we feel it is imperative that you are made aware of, and fully understand our application procedures, criteria and requirements. If you would like to know if a property already has pending applications, please either e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office.
Doorstep Realty Partners is committed to equal housing and fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA). Doorstep Realty Partners does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, marital status, source of income, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class under applicable federal, state, and/or local law and shall comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning discrimination.
Prior to filling out the application, be prepared to pay the application fee and have all documentation/information prepared. An incomplete application will delay the process and could result in another applicant being approved while we wait for your information. You will be prompted to provide: A valid government-issued photo ID and proof of income for all income stated on the application. Be prepared to provide three (3) years of residential history as well as contact information for your rental references. Applications are processed first come first served or best as determined by Doorstep Realty Partners.
THE APPLICATION WILL CONTAIN:
- All occupants 18 years of age or older that would occupy the property are required to submit an application and pay the application fee. Dependents under the age of 18 and/or individuals who are incapacitated do not need to complete and application. An application will not be processed until every applicant has filled out, e-signed, paid for their application, and provided the required documentation. If a compliant portable tenant screening report is provided and emailed to: email@example.com, we will issue an application fee refund after submittal of your completed application.
- All applicants will complete the required Petscreeening profile with acknowledgement of having or not having pets on the property. There is no fee for Emotional Support Animals, Service Animals, or Applicants with No Pets. We use Petscreening to determine your pet eligibility and to learn what pets, if any, you have. Your application is not complete, nor will it be considered until the pet application is also completed. To complete the appropriate profile that matches your needs visit, https://doorsteppartners.petscreening.com/
APPROVAL IS BASED UPON, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THESE FACTORS:
- Identification Verification
- Income Verification and Employment History
- Credit History and Verification
- Residence History and Verification
- Employment History and Verification
- Criminal Background Check
- Pet and Animal Policy
All applicants must provide an unexpired and valid government-issued photo identification. All Applicants with a valid Social Security Number must provide it.
INCOME VERIFICATION AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
The combined gross income should be at least equal to or greater than two (2) times the total monthly rent and verifiable from an unbiased source. Housing vouchers and certificates are acceptable as a form of income and the resident must meet the same criteria as those seeking non-subsidized housing. We do combine all adults' incomes. If the income is less than two (2) times the total monthly rent, it will result in the application being automatically denied. Co-signers are NOT accepted. Acceptable verifiable proof of income includes:
- Minimum of two (2), most recent, full months’ pay stubs.
- Minimum of six (6) months bank statements. Bank statements must include the following minimum visible information: date, account holder’s full name, and all incoming direct deposit from employer. (Please note screen shots that do not include these minimum requirements will not be accepted).
- Most recent W2 if from current employer.
- If you have a new job, you may provide a signed, by employer, and dated offer letter on company letterhead and or contract. Please note that a signed offer letter or employment verification letter may be used to supplement your proof of income documentation but must be accompanied with either consecutive pay stubs for the last sixty (60) days or bank statements.
- If you are self-employed, provide most recent tax returns and last three (3) months of personal bank statements with account holder name visible or last six (6) months of personal bank statements with account holder name visible (Please note screen shots that do not include account holder name and business bank statements will not be accepted)
- If you are retired, or not employed, provide minimum of six (6) months bank statements. Bank statements must include the following minimum visible information: date, account holder’s full name, and beginning and ending balances. (Please note screen shots that do not include these minimum requirements will not be accepted).
- All Other Income, including but not limited to; Social Security, Child support, Alimony, Disability should be accompanied by an approval letter with full name weekly/monthly amount(s) and duration.
We will obtain a copy of your credit score when you submit an application. Credit history should show that the resident has paid bills on time and does not have a history of debt “write-offs” or accounts that have gone into collection. Residency may be denied due to poor credit history. Contingent on your credit score, an additional security deposit could be required. All lease holder’s credit scores are averaged. Medical bills and student loans could be overlooked. Any bankruptcies must be discharged and not within the past 5 years. An open bankruptcy is cause for an automatic denial. Open collections to a bank, lender, collection agency, utility company, previous property owner, manager, or landlord type agency as reported on applicant's credit bureaus or otherwise disclosed is cause for an automatic denial. Any foreclosures in the past 5 years is cause for an automatic denial. In compliance with the Rental Application Fairness Act the consideration of an application shall not consider any credit history seven years immediately preceding the date of the application.
We require verifiable residence history for at least three (3) years whether you currently own or rent. Applicants are responsible for providing information including the names, email addresses and phone numbers of their previous landlords with the dates of tenancy for the previous 3-5 years. Rental history must be verified from unbiased sources. Doorstep Realty Partners reserves the right to deny an application if, after making a good-faith effort, Doorstep Realty Partners is unable to verify the Applicant’s rental history. Homeowners will be verified from a current credit report and/or county record and may be required to furnish mortgage company references and proof of title ownership or transfer. In compliance with the Rental Application Fairness Act the consideration of an application shall not consider any rental history seven years immediately preceding the date of the application.
- No previous eviction filings or evictions, including judgments that did not go to full eviction. No Forcible Entry & Detainers (“FE&D” or Evictions) unless you have a verifiable documentation of landlord irresponsibility. FE&D due to property damage by the applicant will not be accepted under any circumstance. No history of any damage to the residence or documented unauthorized occupants and/or pets. No outstanding or unpaid balance due to a previous landlord or utility provider. In addition to these criteria, if you have had two (2) or more evictions at any point in time, and/or an eviction less than seven (7) years old will result in an automatic denial.
CRIMINAL AND SEX OFFENSE DATABASE BACKGROUND CHECK:
Applicants will be asked to disclose prior criminal convictions or pending criminal actions. We will check these databases for all applicants 18 years of age or older whom would occupy the property. Criminal backgrounds involving violent crimes, sex offenses, domestic violence and/or involving the possession/distribution of weapons or illegal substances could result in denial of application. Any misdemeanors in the last 5 years with the exception of minor infractions classified as traffic, DUI, alcohol related offense (non-traffic), or animal/wildlife offense is cause for an automatic denial. Any person required to register as a sex offender will result in automatic denial. Doorstep Realty Partners shall not consider an arrest record of a prospective tenant from any time or any conviction of a prospective tenant occurring more than five years before the date of the application. Excepted from this limitation are specific activities including criminal conviction relating to certain offenses involving methamphetamine, any felony offense that required the prospective tenant to register as a sex offender or any offense classified as a homicide.
We do not accept more than 3 unrelated adults for a property. In Denver, this may be reduced to 2 unrelated adults as that is the Denver City ordinance limit. Please note that these are the maximum number of occupants who may occupy homes with the number of bedrooms noted:
- 1 bedroom - 3 Occupants
- 2 bedroom - 5 Occupants
- 3 Bedroom - 7 Occupants
- 4 Bedroom - 9 Occupants
- 5 Bedroom - 11 Occupants
PET AND ANIMAL POLICY
All our properties differ in pet policies regarding if pets are allowed, what kind of pets are permitted, weigh of acceptable pets, and number of pets allowed. If the property you are applying for is pet friendly, we do not allow more than two (2) pets, pets that are more than 100 lbs, or pets under the age of 12 months. Doorstep Realty Partners does not have a restricted dog breed list however, we do have individual property owner that have asked us to not accept certain breeds on their property. A list of these breed restrictions on dogs can be viewed HERE. Please confirm the pet policy for the specific property prior to completing an application.
All applicants will need to complete the appropriate Petscreeening profile and pay a non-refundable pet application fee to PetScreening with acknowledgement of having or not having pets on the property. There is no fee for Emotional Support Animals, Service Animals, or Applicants with No Pets. To complete the REQUIRED profile that matches your needs (No Pet, Pet and/or Assistance Animal) profile click HERE or visit https://doorsteppartners.petscreening.com/ Any pets may be denied if they do not receive a positive reference from the previous Landlord regarding the pet's behavior, if the pet is not spayed or neutered, and/or if a complete veterinary medical history (including immunizations and sterilization) of the pet is not provided. Any approved pet will require a $300 additional refundable pet deposit and the greater of : (i) $35 per month, or (ii) 1.5% of the monthly rent amount (not applicable to emotional support or service animals).
SMOKING AND MARIJUANA POLICY:
Absolutely no smoking of any kind or marijuana use is allowed inside of ANY of our properties. Although Colorado has legalized both the use of medical marijuana and recreational marijuana, under Federal law, marijuana remains a Class I Controlled Substance and therefore illegal under the Federal Laws. Colorado law and Federal law gives us the right to prohibit the use, possession and growing of marijuana in any of our rental properties Violators will be evicted as detailed in the lease agreement. Amendment 64 specifically states that landlords may prohibit marijuana use on a leased property.
Doorstep Realty Partners requires all Residents to have renter’s insurance in the amount of $100,000 or more to cover their legal liability for damage to the property during their lease term and name Doorstep Realty Partners as an additional interest.
All photos are of the actual property unless noted are only representative of the size and space of the interior. Applicants must view the property in person to determine if the size and space of the property is acceptable to their needs and wants. To view a property, you must schedule a showing with our office. No properties will be rented "sight unseen". We require at least one person that is going to be on the lease views the property first before applying. Properties are advertised and are to be accepted "as-is."
HB 19-1106 Compliance: PORTABLE TENANT SCREENING REPORTS (PTSR):
Doorstep Realty Partners does accept portable tenant screening reports (PTSR) as defined in § 38-12-902(2.5). Below is information on this process.
Portable Tenant Screening Reports (PTSR): 1) Applicant has the right to provide Doorstep Realty Partners with a PTSR that is not more than 30 days old, as defined in § 38-12-902(2.5), Colorado Revised Statutes; and 2) if Applicant provides Doorstep Realty Partners with a PTSR, Doorstep Realty Partners is prohibited from: a) charging Applicant a rental application fee; or b) charging Applicant a fee for Doorstep Realty Partners to access or use the PTSR.
If Applicant provides Doorstep Realty Partners with a PTSR: a) the PTSR must be available to Doorstep Realty Partners by a consumer reporting agency/third-party website that regularly engages in the business of providing consumer reports; 2) the PTSR must comply with all state and federal laws pertaining to use and disclosure of information contained in a consumer report by a consumer reporting agency; and c) Applicant certifies that there has not been a material change in the information in the PTSR, including the Applicant’s name, address, bankruptcy status, criminal history, or eviction history, since the PTSR was generated.
In the event that an applicant provides their own valid portable tenant screening report as defined by HB23-1099, which would result in an application fee refund, we do still require that each applicant complete our application. If a compliant PTSR is provided and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will issue an application fee refund after submittal of your completed application. Doorstep Realty Partners will still pull their own screening report but will not charge the applicant for this report.
PROCESS FOR ACCEPTING AND PROCESSING A PTSR:
- In order for a PTSR to be legally valid and accepted by Doorstep Realty Partners, it must include the following information about the applicant:
- Contact information.
- Verification of employment & income
- Last known address
- Rental & credit history (in all jurisdictions in which they have lived)
- Criminal history for all federal, state and local convictions (in all jurisdictions in which they have lived)
- The date which it was pulled.
- Doorstep Realty Partners require that the report is not more than 30 days old.
- The PTSR must be made directly available to Doorstep Realty Partners by the consumer reporting agency or provided through a third-party website that regularly engages in the business of providing consumer reports and complies with all the state and federal laws pertaining to use and disclosure of information contained in the consumer report by a consumer reporting agency.
- Doorstep Realty Partners require that the screening report is made available directly to us from the screening company, and at no cost to us.
- Doorstep Realty Partners require a statement from you that there has not been any material change of the information in the screening report including your name, address, bankruptcy status, criminal history, or eviction history since the report was generated.
- If you do not have or provide a proper or complete PTRS you will need to complete our online rental application and pay any applicable fees.
- Even if you do have and provide a proper and complete PTSR you will still need to complete our online rental application, but you do not need to pay an application fee for this process.
- If you have a pet, you will be required to complete a separate pet application process and third-party pet application fees may apply. Please refer to Pet and Animal Policy above.
- Even if you do provide a proper and complete PTSR, Doorstep Realty Partners will generate an internal credit and background reports which may impact your credit score.
- If any information on our generated report is different than information provided in your PTSR, Doorstep Realty Partners may rely on the information given in our generated report.
- If Doorstep Realty Partners generate a credit and background report and subsequently deny your application, we will provide you with a copy of the consumer report and an advisement of your right to dispute the accuracy of the report to the consumer reporting agency. Your written notice of denial will also state the reason(s) for the denial.
Once your application has been approved, the security deposit will be due immediately upon notification that your application has been approved. You will have no more than twelve (12) hours after approval notification to submit the required security deposit via online payment or delivery of a certified check or money order. Within thirty-six (36) hours of the approval notification the lease agreement must be fully executed, unless otherwise agreed upon by all parties, in writing, ahead of time, to secure the property. If the security deposit is not received and the lease is not signed within the allotted time Doorstep Realty Partners reserves the right to process the next application received or consider any other approved applications. We will place the property on a temporary hold until that designated time, however, until the lease is fully executed AND the security deposit is received, we will not take the property off the market.
- The total security deposit is equal to a minimum of one month of the total rent amount. Any additional security deposit if negative conditions are identified during the screening process shall not exceed two times the total monthly rent amount. The security deposit is not considered rent, nor does it apply towards the rent for the first or the last month of the lease.
- If your lease start date is on or after the 20th of the month, you'll be required to pay the prorated current month’s rent in addition to the next full month's rent on or before the lease start date.
Doorstep Realty Partners is committed to equal housing and fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA). As a fair housing provider, we do not discriminate in the rental, lease, or negotiation for real property based on Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin/Ancestry, Sex, Disability/Handicap, Sexual Orientation (including Transgender Status), Marital Status, and Familial Status (children under the age of 18 in the household) and shall comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning discrimination.